About the festival
International Folklore Festival in Červený Kostelec is the most important cultural events in our region and one of the oldest and largest folklore festivals in the Czech Republic.
Thanks to the excellent organization, quality of the programs and participation of foreign groups is ranked among the major festivals in Europe.|
The reward is that this festival is organized under the patronage of the International Organization of Folk Art (I.O.V.) under UNESCO’s statute B.
It requires a significant amount of energy and effort to maintain the quality of such an enormous event both in terms of its content and its organization.
International Folklore Festival Červený Kostelec is held annually in the second half of August in the beautiful open-air area near the J.K. Tyl Theatre, which is practically in the centre of the town. The five festival days bring frenetic joy over a spectacular meeting of almost 600 participants – folklore music groups, folklore singers, dancers and dances from 16-20 countries from all over the world. The thousands of spectators watch 15 colourful programme blocks, the parade and dance performances in different parts of the city and the region. During five days the groups spend nice days together, get to know each other and communicate with the public audience and make friends and new contacts.
An important part of the festival is the social evenings with the dancing entertainment of all members of groups and spectators, which complete each every day.
The program’s varied menu awakens the city and expands the audience beyond the borders of the region and the country.
Because of its quality, the Červený Kostelec International Folklore Festival has come into the public consciousness as one of the most important European International Festival.
Another goal is to inspire the young generation to the meaningful spending of free time, to involvement in the organization, to visit this festival for linguistic purpose.
The festival and its programme are opened for all generations, to see as much folklore groups and different cultures. The children’s afternoon is the show for small dancers and singers. Last but not least the festival offers cultural experience, helps to develop aesthetic perceptiveness and carrying on the cultural traditions.
Come to experience the special atmosphere of the festival yourself.
The Culture Centre Town, as the main organizer of the International Folklore Festival, highly appreciates all people who to make a decision to the attendance of this Folklore Festival. We have a lot of benefits for performers.
Our goal is to create maximum exhilarating experiences for performers and to provide them with the perfect conditions for their performances. Of course, there is a friendly, gorgeous and cheerful atmosphere, board and lodging.
It will be an honour for the festival’s organizers, if such a good-quality folklore ensemble as yours, takes part in the International Folklore Festival..
The date: 18 – 22 August. 2021
The place: Červený Kostelec (Czech republic)
The festival undertakes to pay:
– Food: three times / a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
– Accommodation: hostel or student’s hostel
– Interpreter or guide
– Meeting – with the other folklore ensembles from various countries, with well-known personalities (VIP) and local celebrities, who regularly visit this festival
– Many performances in a beautiful open-air area with thousands of visitors
– Possibility to visit the local landmarks and interesting places in Červený Kostelec and its surroundings
– medical insurance and travel insurance (insurance of travel compensation)
The group must have the insurance in case of their illness and injury during the staying in Červený Kostelec. The organizer won’t cover any expenses of medical interventions
– live music, dancers, singers – it isn’t possible playback or performances with partial playback (The group has to be accompanied by live music – the performance on the playback isn’t allowed).
– traditional folk costumes
– performances up to 60 minutes
– the ensemble provides the live recording of its programme to look at the festival’s management
– the number of participants (including musicians, leaders, drivers), is a maximum of 35 members.
(the persons above this number must cover your expenses yourself – board and lodging )