What the Commission is and what it does:
The World Pedagogical Commission for Children – as its name implies – has its pedagogical work directed to children / adolescents from 7 to 16 years old.
To join the Commission, it is necessary to:
– Be interested in themes related to Folklore and other related artistic and cultural manifestations (people connected (or not) to IOV World);
– Be members of artistic performance groups in their respective countries (groups linked (or not) to IOV World).
The main objectives of the World Pedagogical Commission for Children are to provide theoretical support for:
– The dissemination and preservation (Cultural Heritage) of themes related to Folklore and other related manifestations for this specific audience;
– The development of practices (artistic and cultural activities) of that specific audience, always considering the individual capacity and the ethnic and cultural differences of each one.
For this, the Commission focuses its efforts on the agents responsible for the process of transmission and exchange of knowledge, that is, on the educators (pedagogues, teachers, masters of folklore and other subjects active in this process).
The World Pedagogical Commission for Children is formed by official and permanent members of IOV World (in their respective sections) interested in researching and proposing activities (pedagogical and educational related to the theme of Folklore and other related artistic and cultural activities, in particular the theme of Cultural Heritage) aimed at the specific public that the Commission aims to work.
Participation in the Commission is independent of any academic background, as well as the area of training of its members.
The World Pedagogical Commission for Children is structured as follows: 1 (one) member responsible for coordinating the internal work and activities of the Commission (President of the Commission) who reports directly to the President of IOV World.
And its other official and permanent members of IOV World (in their respective sections) from the Academy or other spaces of knowledge formation.
The World Pedagogical Commission for Children has the following duties:
– Propose educational goals and actions to its members in order to assist in the elaboration of plans and projects that include the teaching and dissemination of Folklore (and Cultural Heritage) to this specific audience;
– Propose activities that reinforce the idea of the Culture of Peace and respect for ethnic and cultural differences;
– Disseminate, through lectures, short courses, seminars (aimed at the general public and / or exclusive members of IOV World – in their respective sections/countries), the results of reflections, studies and discussions among its members on topics related to Folklore and other related artistic and cultural events,in particular the theme of Cultural Heritage;
– Disseminate, through publications, theoretical articles (or other types of written and / or visual works), the results of reflections, studies and discussions among its members on topics related to Folklore (and Cultural Heritage) aimed at this specific audience;
– Participate in events (meetings, congresses, seminars) organized by IOV World (in their respective sections) on topics related to the work of the Commission and its members;
– Discuss the actions of the Commission with the financial sector of IOV World in order to provide the necessary resources for the execution of the study and / or research proposals of its members related to the themes of the Commission.
Childhood & Pedagogic Commission Chair
Phone / WhatsApp: (55)11985106966 (Brazil)