In this fast-changing world, the International Organization of Folk Art (IOV), working in the field of folk culture, has a growing responsibility. Our basic principles are of preservation, assimilation, and propagation of folk culture of every region of the world. For the first time ever, we will try to connect the past to present, from the traditional to the contemporary of a particular culture through its unique symbols such as food, textiles, craft, architecture and performing arts. This will be projected and shared to the world in a special virtual event.
An Integration of Life, the Hidden Gems Festival, is an exciting virtual event that will take place on Facebook and will have your video shown worldwide to our vast network of artists, academics, and folklore enthusiasts. We plan to select a maximum of 20 IOV Member countries.
The festival will take place in Autumn 2022 (exact date to be announced later)
To join, you must strictly follow the guidelines:
1. Select any 3 fields from the following: 1. Food/Cuisine 2. Craft 3.Textiles 4. Music 5. Dance
2. All continents must be equally presented.
3. Preference will be given to lesser exposed countries.
4. There will be one leader/coordinator from each culture who will be responsible to coordinate all 3 events of the culture.
5. The leader will select 2 presenters, who will talk fluent in English at the time of the event.
6. The details of 5 to 7 min video preparation will be soon shared.
7. The video may not be made before 6 to 8 months at the best.
8. English subtitles must be provided in all videos.
The dates to observe
1. Application and biography of group and type of work to be submitted- 31 May 2022
2. FINAL Video submission latest by 30 June 2022.
Don’t miss out on this exciting cultural exchange and apply now by filling out the attached form and submitting your video.
For more information, contact:
Mr. Fabrizio Cattaneo – email@example.com
Prof Parul Shah – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Shereen Rafea – email@example.com
Mr. Geert Nijhof – firstname.lastname@example.org