Alokoto Festival http://alokotocarnival.wixsite.com/alokotocarnival is an annual community cultural arts games music and dance festival that takes place every first weekend of November at Chorkor, Accra, Ghana.
Bringing arts, culture communities, holidaymakers and fun lovers onto the streets to fraternise, network, create, learn and share amidst the fun is a lovely and electrifying scene to experience with a lasting memory.
Alokoto Festival has been a top source of fun and entertainment in Chorkor, Accra, Ghana for years since its inception and creation by the JayNii StreetWise Organisation http://www.jaynii.com a not-for-profit that provides the welfare of vulnerable young ones in deprived communities of Ghana.
My fervent desire to bring people together, play their hearts out for all to be happy led to these events and I never regretted I did. It has always been great! – Emmanuel Quartey
Groups can come along with their tents to mount on the Jaynii beach, stay with the people, interact with the Streetwise children and see the other side of life.
Promoting unity and development through arts and culture.
JayNii hosts performers from the continents on outdoor stages, runs intimate hands-on workshops and tours to different historic and interesting places.
OBJECTIVES OF THE FESTIVAL:
* Promoting peace and unity through acceptance of one another’s culture.
* Enabling people to appreciate their cultural values, gain understanding, acquire knowledge and develop skills for living in a globally independent and culturally diverse world.
* Exploring, instilling, developing, preserving and promoting arts and culture, thereby exposing the rich cultures of the world.
* Job creation, entertainment, education and development through arts and culture.
* Providing our young ones the platform to utilize their skills.
* Promoting artists and their work.
* Establishing and promoting cultural exchange.
Groups stay in Group-accommodation/hostels
National Groups: 5
International Groups: 10
Minimum Ages participants: 18
Recorded music and live music: allowed
Maximum number of artists in a group: 25
Fees for accommodation.